The full-back has won the Player of the Tournament award in the past two seasons, and has been a cause for concern since injuring himself in the warm-up of the emphatic 53-24 beating of Australia in November.However, Hogg is confident that he will be back on the pitch before Scotland’s Six Nations opener against Wales on February 3.Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live, he said: “Hopefully I’ll be back on the pitch in the next couple of weeks and ready to rock and roll again.”We’re getting there now.”I actually did it midweek. The place we train for Scotland, you’ve got about five metres between the try-line and a brick wall, and I’d been running full pelt to score a try and then had to stop suddenly, and I think I pulled it.”In the warm-up, I kicked the ball and I felt as if somebody had stabbed me in my hip. “It was a bit frustrating because I was just coming back from a long-term shoulder injury, I was feeling good, starting to get a little bit of form back and had to start back at square one.”I’ve never really picked up any injuries – to end up get a fractured eye socket, have to get your shoulder operated on, it has been a bit frustrating.”Hogg missed all three of the British and Irish Lions’ Tests against New Zealand earlier this year after suffering a facial injury in the warm-up fixture against Crusaders.Scotland finished fourth in last season’s Six Nations, but were one of three teams to end with 14 points. Photo Getty Images. Caption: Scotland star Stuart Hogg
It was no doubt an interesting morning in the court of Magistrate Fabayo Azore when an employer appeared on a charge of unlawful assault against his employee after he dealt him two blows to the face for being “disrespectful”.According to Prosecutor Simone Payne, who presented the State’s case, Michael Cubitor, 63, of Middle Street, Georgetown, unlawfully assaulted one of his workers at his business establishment. The Prosecutor related to the court that Cubitor was in the habit of assaulting his employees.Cubitor admitted to the offence, but contended that his actions were justified.“He is the most indiscipline staff. He’s the cleaner and comes (late) after everybody. He was disrespectful and raised his voice… I just have a snackette and I understand now that he wants hundreds of thousands of dollars just for two punches…” the employer told the court.After delivering a talk to Cubitor about patience and self-control, Magistrate Azore ordered him to pay a fine of $25,000 or serve a default sentence of seven days in prison.
Watch Turkey thrash the Netherlands 3-0 in Group A The Netherlands can only finish third in Group A if leaders Turkey drop points in their final two games.Goals from Oguzhan Ozyakup, Burak Yilmaz and Barcelona’s £24m signing Arda Turan saw Turkey beat the Oranje 3-0 in a group where both Iceland and the Czech Republic have now qualified (see table below). 2 2
The use of mouthguards for all underage players will be compulsory from this year onwards, and for all ages (including seniors) from next year. More details available at http://www.gaa.ie/mouthguards/; and on the club website.Registrations for 2013 are now available from Sharon Monaghan (registrar) – senior player €50, non-playing member €20, junior member €10, family membership €50. Registrations will only be taken up to 25th March 2013.The minors opened their Division 1 league campaign with a home defeat against Sean MacCumhaills, Next up is a home game next Sunday against Buncrana Well done to all the children who took part in the clubs ‘football for fun’ program over the past 6 weeks. See the training schedule below for details of upcoming underage training sessions.The committee meeting due to take place on Monday (11th March) at 8:00 pm has been deferred to Wednesday (13th March) at 8:30 pm. The minor board meeting due to take place last Wednesday has been re-scheduled for this Thursday (14th March) at 8:00 pm.A sports quiz is being held on Friday 15th March at 9:00 pm at the clubhouse. €20 per team of four.A Night at the Races is being held on Easter Sunday (31st March). Horses can be bought by contacting Paul Callaghan (0876843608), Alison Ferry (0879154559), Adrian Marsh (0872873076), or any other coach, player or committee member. Horses cost €10 each. €40 to each winning owner. All proceeds to Naomh Colmcille CLG. Thanks for your supportCopies of the Donegal yearbook (€10 each) are now available from Catherine Clarke.You can now keep up to date with the latest club news on twitter: Go to https://twitter.com/Naomh_Colmcille and hit Follow.The club is again registered for the Sainsbury’s Active Kids scheme so please start collecting the vouchers on behalf of the club.Congratulations to Barry and Sinead McDaid on the birth of their baby daughter. The club would like to extend its sympathies to the Barr family on their recent Bereavement.Training and Match ScheduleInformation here is correct at the time of compilation of the weekly notes. Check the Training Schedule section on the club website for latest updates on training for all age groups. The page will be updated regularly throughout the week. Updates also on the club’s Facebook page.Subscription of €2 per player per week for training. Please make sure you bring your full kit (shorts, track bottoms, boots, sports top/hoodie/coat, drink). Remember a mouth guard is needed for training sessions as well as matches. All players need to be registered by 25th March. U8. Training starts Saturday 16th March at 11:00 am sharp for one hour.U10. Training starts Friday 15th March at 6:30 pm sharp for one hour.U12. Training starts Friday 15th March at 6:30 pm sharp for one hour.U14. Training continues on Sunday (17th March) at 1 pm sharp for one hour.Minors. Membership needs to be paid at training. See Facebook page and website for training updates during the week. Home match against Buncrana on Sunday (17th) at 12 noon.Seniors / Reserves. Training at the pitch on Tuesday (12th) and Thursday (14th) at 8:00 pm. Bring boots and runners.Naomh Colmcille Weekly LottoThe numbers drawn were 5, 7, 8, 9, 17. The closest match was three numbers, and the three winners (who win €25 each) were Marty Callaghan, Gerry McCrudden and Dean Clarke. Next week’s jackpot is €2350. The Club would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support of the Lotto as it gives the club the essential means of continuing to give our local kids and adults the chance to avail of a great and healthy pastime.GAA NEWS: NAOMH COLMCILLE CLUB NOTES was last modified: March 11th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Chelsea have stepped up their attempt to sign Marseille’s Cesar Azpilicueta after having an £8m bid for the defender rejected, according to The Sun.Marseille president Vincent Labrune is quoted as saying: “Chelsea have made a serious approach for Cesar.”Meanwhile, reports in Italy suggest Inter Milan right-back Maicon has snubbed a move to Paris St-Germain in the hope of joining Chelsea or Real Madrid.Related West London Sport story: Chelsea boss in no rush to sign right-backThe Daily Mirror say Fulham have renewed their interest in signing David Bentley from Tottenham – and that Arsenal’s Andrey Arshavin is a target for Galatasaray.QPR are also said to want Bentley, while Gunners playmaker Arshavin has been touted for a possible loan move to Loftus Road.Fulham boss Martin Jol is apparently keen on Bentley, 27, who is looking to rebuild his career following a long spell out with a knee problem.And Galatasaray are reported to have tabled a £4m bid for Arshavin. The Russian is believed to be keen to stay in London.This page is regularly updated.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Photo: Latam South American airline group LATAM is not ruling out further destinations in Australia but says it will concentrate on getting its Santiago-Melbourne flight running well before attempting further expansion.LATAM, which already flies Boeing 787-9s to Sydney via Auckland, will start using the planes on the first non-stop service between South America and Melbourne in October next year.The South American giant has been a steadfast supporter of the potential for traffic growth between the two continents and the new Melbourne -Santiago route is a sign that confidence is starting to pay off.It has signed a deal with Tourism Australia and the Victorian Government to promote the route, which will take about 13 hours heading to Santiago and 15 hours coming back. The route complements LATAMs daily B787-9 services between Sydney and Santiago via Auckland as well non-stop Boeing 747-400 Sydney-Santiago codeshare services operated by alliance partner Qantas,The new service means a reduced travel time for Melburnians and also gives LATAM the ability to offer the Victorian capital as a transfer point for passengers from cities such as Perth and Adelaide.Its Boeing 787-9s have 220 seats in economy, 54 seats in Space+ and 30 in Premium Business. Seats in all cabins have access to video on demand and business class passengers have seats that recline into a fully flat bed. They also have a newly-designed menu featuring Latin American cuisine as well as premium Chilean and Argentinian wines.LATAM currently brings about 190,000 passengers per year into Oceania — the three times weekly Melbourne flights will add another 75,000 — and Asia Pacific managing director, Patricio Aylwin, told Airline Ratings the market was doing well.“So the Sydney-Auckland route as we currently have it is doing well and we know there’s a lot of potential in other destinations and points of sale within Australia as well,’’ he said. “We’ve always been looking for opportunities and we thought now was the right time to add more capacity into another port in Australia.’’Asked if there were no plans to look at Downunder destinations beyond Sydney and Melbourne, Alwin said the group needed to take its expansion “one stage at a time’’ and added that it was also not looking at flying directly from Sydney to Santiago at this stage.But he was optimistic Melbourne could go daily from the initial flights on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.“Hopefully we’ll be able to do that for sure,’’ he said. “I think everyone would like to operate everywhere successfully and we’re no different to that.’’Also on the South American airline’s radar is the potential of connecting South America with South-East Asia through Australia — a possibility that has also stirred the interest of Air New Zealand and Qantas.Aylwin pointed to a codeshare with oneworld partner Cathay Pacific in Auckland as an example.That’s just one,’’ he said “There’s potential for others as well.’’The renewed push into Australia comes as LATAM this year relaunched its brand under a new coral and indigo logo as part of the ongoing amalgamation of the former Chilean-based LAN and Brazilian TAM airlines since the two merged in 2012.Aylwin said the merger had made good progress, particularly this year with the new brand, but officials had known the process would take time.”Our customers are starting to see one brand and one product more and more often, ‘’ he said. “ We still have, obviously, aircraft which are not all painted to the new LATAM livery.“There’s still some time to go but the progress has been good and I think it’s becoming more and more consistent over time. It’s becoming a LATAM product rather than two separate brands.’’
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Leave a Comment Ohio Farm Bureau will be participating in the Your Farm Forum in the Bricker Annex during the Equine Affaire April 11-14 at the Ohio Expo Center.At 1 p.m. Friday, April 12, OFBF staff will present on Current Agricultural Use Value at a seminar titled “CAUV: How to qualify for and save on property taxes through Ohio’s ag use program.” At 3 p.m. staff will cover Ohio’s ag district program and how this “right to farm” law assists with farm liability concerns.For a full list of all the activities at the event, click here.Equine Affaire, Inc. was founded in 1993 with the goal of creating a first-class, education-oriented horsemen’s exposition. The mission of Equine Affaire is to host events that improve the horse management, training, and riding skills of current horsemen; promote communication and cooperation within a widely diverse national horse industry; provide an introduction to the world of horses; and showcase the finest horses and riders representing a variety of horse breeds and equestrian disciplines in a non-competitive environment. Leave a Comment
When you’ve got to go it alone, the right gear can make a big difference. Here’s what you need to pull off top-notch one-man corporate video shoots.Top image via Minojh MultimediaThere are any number of issues that can arise when working a corporate video job without a crew, but the right gear can make a big difference in the end. Let’s look at exactly what you need to pull off one-man corporate video shoots.Camera SetupWhen producing corporate videos on your own, you need to choose a camera loadout that’s easy to set up and break down. You’ll be moving from place to place in order to get the interview you need, plus the coverage for that interview. For this, a good ol’ tripod and camera will do just fine.Image via AWC MediaCorporate videos have a reputation for being bland and lifeless, but this mindset is changing. YouTube and similar sites have increased the audience for all manner of content, including corporate video. Because of this, corporate videos are becoming more cinematic. That means you’ll need to invest in a cinema camera and top-quality lenses. You’ll find some suggestions below. Image via The Flip SideBlackmagic USRA Mini 4K (Body Only): $2995Zeiss 50mm Prime Lens: $4499Lexar C-Fast 128GB Card: $506Benro Aero 4 Tripod Kit: $259If you’re looking for options beyond the Blackmagic URSA Mini 4K, then check out the Canon C300 Mark II, Sony FS5, and RED SCARLET.Sound SetupWith your camera setup in place, you need to ensure that you can capture professional audio to go with your imagery. Since you’re a one-man band, you’ll probably want to get a shotgun mic that you can mount and connect directly to the camera. Additionally, you’ll need a lavalier microphone to capture clear and crisp interview sections. If you only have one audio input to the camera, a field recorder certainly wouldn’t be a bad addition to your gear. Below is a run down of audio gear you’ll need.Image via U Health NutRode NTG-1 Shotgun Mic: $250Lectrosonics Lavalier Mic: $150Zoom H6 Field Recorder: $349Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones: $99.95SanDisk 32GB Ultra SDHC Card: $12.28Also, don’t forget that music is an incredibly important part of the overall audio production. There are all sorts of high-quality corporate tracks here on PremiumBeat, such as Human Evolution, We’re Taking Off, and The Champions Song. You’ll have no problem finding something that works for your production.AccessoriesWith your camera and audio setups worked out, it’s time to turn your attention to some additional tools that can help make the overall production easier on you.Image via Video JeevesYou’ll obviously need some solid lighting. Beyond that, you’ll want to invest in some c-stands to hold up tools so you don’t have to. You can also look at purchasing a slider, Steadicam, or 3-axis gimbal for smoother moving shots. Just remember: all of this is secondary to your camera and audio setup.Image via Clear ConceptKessler Timelapse Slider: $995.99Genaray Spectro LED: $284.95 ea.Impact Light Stand: $44.99 ea.Glidecam HD 4000: $499.99DJI Ronin 3 Axis Gimbal: $2039.99 What steps do you take to prepare for one-man-band shooting situations? Let us know in the comments below.
atpBosniaBosnian Warchampionships First Published: September 27, 2019, 12:09 PM IST Zhuhai: Damir Dzumhur was an actor as a boy, and the story of how he was born in a war zone and later became an elite tennis player would make a great plot for a film.The 27-year-old Bosnian recounted his story to AFP at the Zhuhai Championships in China, where he was into the quarter-finals and chasing a fourth ATP title. It was spring 1992, and Bosnian Serb troops had enforced a deadly siege of the Bosnian capital Sarajevo which would drag on for 44 months.Heavily pregnant Zaneta braved the shelling and sniper fire and negotiated barricades to reach hospital. On May 20, she gave birth to a boy, risking her life to give Dzumhur one.”On May 21, my uncle came to pick us up from the hospital and on May 22, the hospital was evacuated and then bombed,” Dzumhur said.”We were lucky that we had someone to pick us up and we had somewhere to go for the first few months.”I know that for my mother that was the toughest and the worst — but at the same time the best — time of her life.”You have a baby, you just gave birth, but you are in the middle of a war with nowhere to go and you don’t have your husband with you.”Many people had fled Sarajevo and Dzumhur’s father Nerfid, who was later to introduce him to tennis, did not meet his son until he was nearly one.”After 11 months, he somehow got back into the city to see me so he was risking his life to see me also,” Dzumhur said.DESTROYED, BURNTSarajevo’s 350,000 residents struggled to get basic necessities and at least 10,000 were killed by sniping and shelling by Serbs.Dzumhur was too young to remember the full extent of the panic, chaos and death, but it was in the immediate aftermath that he began playing tennis as a small boy under the tutelage of his father.It was a journey that would take him to 23rd in the world rankings last year, although his progress this season has been stilted by injuries.He began practising at Sarajevo’s Zetra Olympic Hall, which had suffered extensive damage from bombing and been used as a morgue, as well as a place for refugees.It is all a far cry from Florida or Barcelona, the sorts of places where many of the world’s top tennis players grew up learning the game on pristine courts.”Zetra was still destroyed, windows were blown out and one part was all burnt,” said Dzumhur.As part of its reconstruction, they built an ice hockey rink next to the tennis court.”It was barely warm enough to feel the racquet in your hand,” he laughed.SPECIAL INSIDEAs a young teenager, Dzumhur got a minor role in the award-winning film “Grbavica”, then soon after landed a leading part in a German movie filmed in Sarajevo.”The first time I earned money in my life was from the movies,” he said, adding that he would consider returning to acting one day.But that is for the future and the fiercely proud Bosnian said that the circumstances in which he was brought into the world drive him to make a success of his tennis career.”Knowing where you come from and those days, those years, and knowing it was not easy to go through everything since I was young, it really makes you special inside,” he said.”In the end, every sacrifice comes with a good end and happy end.” Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time.