After it’s drubbing in the Lok Sabha elections, Congress organisations in the State are set to introspect on what went wrong. The State unit Youth Congress has called for an open dialogue on June 3 to introspect the results. Former and curent office-bearers of the party’s student wing National Students Union of India (NSUI) and Youth Congress are among those who have been invited to voice their opinion to find out where did the party go wrong and to discuss the future strategy.“Though Lok Sabha elections results are shocking for the Congress, we humbly accept the mandate given by the nation. The Congress is going through a difficult phase and youth need to stay united in same old fighting spirit in such adverse political circumstances,” said Satyajeet Tambe-Patil, president, Maharashtra Youth Congress.Mr. Tambe-Patil said it is time for the young workers of the Congress to come together and put a formidable fight against the Bharatiya Janata Party-Shiv Sena in Maharashtra. “It is our duty to ensure that Congress comes back to power in the State and for which we have to decide the future strategy,” he said, adding that the meeting will discuss how to go forward for Assembly polls and which programs should be highlighted in front of the people.“Assembly polls are different than the Lok Sabha polls. We have invited all the workers to ensure the focus is back on party organisation and to let everyone talk as openly as possible. It will bring out some negative points which can be tackled in the course of time as well,” he said.
Google Philippines names new country director LATEST STORIES “Boxers from around the world who have been training for years towards their Olympic dreams continue to be left in the dark about where, when and how they can qualify for the Tokyo Olympic Games,” an AIBA statement said on Thursday.“AIBA has provided not one, but four comprehensive reports over the course of the last year to the IOC for review.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“(So) it is very surprising that the IOC are unable to provide a conclusive decision regarding boxing’s Olympic future at this time,” the statement said.Boxing’s inclusion in Tokyo depends on the outcome of an investigation into AIBA by the IOC, which has presented the body with a list of 41 questions via audit firm Deloitte. Bloomberg: US would benefit from more, not fewer, immigrants Wintry storm delivers US travel woes before Thanksgiving Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Javee Mocon last-second tip lifts Rookies-Sophomores past Juniors View comments FILE – (R-L) Cuba’s Joahnys Argilagos, USA’s Nico Miguel Hernandez, Uzbekistan’s Hasanboy Dusmatov and Colombia’s Yurberjen Herney Martinez pose with their medals after winning in the boxing matches in the Rio Olympics at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro on August 14, 2016. / AFP PHOTO / Yuri CORTEZThe under-pressure International Boxing Federation (AIBA) criticized on Thursday the IOC’s decision to wait until late May before delivering their verdict on the sport’s Olympic fate as it fights for its place on the 2020 Tokyo roster after a storm of corruption allegations.AIBA said the International Olympic Committee’s refusal to comment on a wide-ranging audit for nearly another two months left their members “in limbo”.ADVERTISEMENT Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics PLAY LIST 00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss “The matter is being studied and we will make no comment for the moment,” IOC spokesperson Christian Klaue said on Thursday.“We will file a full report at the IOC Lausanne executive committee meeting on May 22,” he added.Gafur Rakhimov stepped down as head of AIBA last week, which the IOC deemed as merely the first step in a long march towards the required standards.AIBA made a plea to the IOC on Wednesday, saying “significant progress” had been made on their accounting and claiming that the body would collapse without IOC support.The IOC has suspended AIBA’s Olympic qualification and may take control of that process itself.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Colombia protesters vow new strike after talks hit snag Ducking and weaving for its survival, the AIBA says it should be given the chance to turn things around.“Considering where we were one year ago, AIBA has made significant progress towards reducing its debt and has gone from a negative cash flow,” AIBA executive director Tom Virgets said in a report.Virgets said of the report that the AIBA “is dependent on the Olympic dollars” for its survival.Relations between the IOC and AIBA were hit hard at the 2016 Rio Olympics when 36 officials and referees were suspended amid allegations of bout fixing.An internal investigation by AIBA has raised serious questions about the judging at the 2016 Rio Olympics, with particular suspicion falling on a French official.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Trump tells impeachment jokes at annual turkey pardon event Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.