The ministry also has plans to visit every school in Indonesia to train teachers so that they could become an active part of creating a digitally literate society.“Digital literacy is the responsibility of all of us,” Slamet said during a press conference at Gojek’s headquarters in Jakarta on Feb. 28.One of the communities the ministry is working with is called SiBerkreasi, which was founded with the aim of sharing positive content on social media.Head of SiBerkreasi Hermann Josis Mokalu, a member of Indonesian pop group Project Pop, told the audience at the event that, after entering its third year, the community had collaborated with 103 different stakeholders from content creators to government officials, carried out its digital literacy programs in 462 locations in Indonesia and had around 182,000 downloads of its 85 digital literacy series books. (ydp) Topics : “In order not to lose momentum, we must work hard together to improve Indonesia’s digital literacy.”Acting head of the ministry’s informatics empowerment directorate, Slamet Santoso, said the ministry was part of the National Movement of Digital Literacy. “It has more than 100 communities joining in. Everybody is working for digital literacy,” he said.Slamet added that the ministry would visit six locations to promote the digital literacy movement in partnership with Indonesian decacorn Gojek, local governments, local communities and members of the House of Representatives.The program was held to educate the public on staying safe in navigating the digital world and understanding prominent cases of online fraud that have surfaced in the past couple of years, Slamet noted. The Communications and Information Ministry is collaborating with more than 100 communities in Indonesia to run digital literacy programs nationwide.The ministry’s program emphasizes individual capacity building in its program as it believes that each person should be on the front line in educating their communities about digital literacy.“The situation in Indonesia is very unique. While digital usage in Indonesia is among the highest in the world, with around 170 million internet users, digital literacy is still relatively low,” the ministry’s director general of information applications, Samuel Abrijani Pangerapan, said in a written statement issued on Feb. 28.
Social distancing and face masks were largely forgotten as thousands of French people danced and partied well into Monday in the first big blow out since the coronavirus lockdown.The annual midsummer Festival of Music usually brings millions of people out onto the streets across the country for impromptu concerts in cafes and on street corners that go on long into the night.And despite emergency measures which ban gatherings of more than 10 people, thousands thronged the trendy Canal Saint Martin and the Marais districts of Paris late Sunday to dance and sing along to bands and DJs. Not even heavy showers could dampen spirits, with few beyond those serving spicey merguez sausages from street stalls bothering to wear masks.”The Festival of Music is important, it’s a national event,” 28-year-old reveler Violette told AFP as she boogied to a band in northern Paris. And she laughed at the idea that people would be strictly respecting social distancing.”Not at all,” she said. Authorities ‘too lax’But many who watched the crowds on the streets were horrified, taking to social media to voice fears of a second wave of infections.”What a brilliant idea! A Festival of Music just as we are going out of a major health emergency,” one Twitter user commented.Although none of the usual big set-piece extravaganzas were held beyond what French electronic music legend Jean-Michel Jarre had billed as the world’s first live virtual “avatar” concert, many felt the authorities had been too lax.A senior doctor at the Pitie-Salpetriere hospital in Paris, where many COVID-19 sufferers are still being treated, criticized the decision to let the festival go ahead.”This is not what a gradual end to the lockdown looks like,” said Dr Gilbert Deray.”I understand that the Festival of Music is something of a liberation, but did we really have to have it this year?” Cinemas reopen Cinemas also reopened in France on Monday for the first time since the lockdown began in March.The 5 Caumartin cinema in Paris opened one minute after midnight for a red-carpet champagne and popcorn sneak preview of the upcoming French comedy, “Les Parfums” (The Perfumes), about a prima donna perfume “nose”, who comes up with new fragrances.”There are no words to describe what I feel. I have been waiting for this for 99 days,” cinema manager Louis Merle told the 120 people who had queued up for their first big-screen experience since March 17.”Watching series on Netflix is one thing, but the cinema is something else,” said the film’s star Emmanuelle Devos.Even though cinemas have reopened, they are far from back to normal.The authorities insist that screenings can never be more than half full with a free seat either side of each filmgoer.And everyone must wear masks as they queue for tickets and in the corridors.Even so, pollsters estimate that 18.7 million French people — almost a third of the population — plan to go see a film in the next month. Topics :
SPH, the €10bn Dutch pension fund for doctors, cut out its defensive equity strategies from its portfolio last year.In its annual report for 2016, it said that the expected added value in terms of risk and return did not outweigh “the complexity and limited manageability of the investments”.SPH had invested €160m through PGGM’s Developed Market Alternative Equity fund, which deviates from the market capitalisation of the classic indices.Its aim was to increase the stability of its equity portfolio while improving returns, and with a limited turnover, the scheme said. When it divested its holdings at November-end, the allocation’s year-to-date return was 10.1%. In addition, SPH said it intended to fully divest its holdings in hedge funds, as the allocation’s expected added value did not outweigh costs, complexity, and its limited managebility.By the end of 2016 the scheme had reduced its allocation to 0.9%. Last year, the hedge fund allocation generated a 2.6% return.The doctors’ scheme posted an overall result of 8.5% for the year. It attributed the slight underperformance relative to its benchmark to the completion of the transition from active to passive mandates as well as a “badly performing” position in Chinese A shares, which it said was very difficult to divest.Alex de Waal, SPH’s director, explained that the Chinese supervisor had set many requirements for the divestment.SPH said the mandate still comprised €26m at the end of June 2017. Over the course of last year the mandate gained 4.1%, and it made a further 1.2% during the first six months of 2017.According to the pension fund, equity in emerging markets, the US, and small caps (16.8%) had performed well. In contrast, Japanese equities hardly generated a return. Overall, the scheme’s equity holdings delivered 12.3%.SPH added that it had reduced the country risk for its government bonds by diversifying into government issuance from Finland, Belgium, and Austria. It said bonds returned 6.7% in 2016 as a consequence of falling interest rates.Emerging market debt yielded 12.2% thanks to the combination of falling interest rates and the appreciation of local currencies relative to the euro.With a profit of 16.3%, commodities were the best returning asset class, largely due to rising oil prices.The pension fund indicated that it wanted to increase its current 3.2% stake in infrastructure to 5% of its overall portfolio. In 2016 the allocation delivered a 10.6% return.Private equity was the only asset class that contributed negatively to SPH’s overall result. The scheme said it was divesting its holdings. It reported a 17.8% loss on its two remaining positions, comprising 0.1% of its entire investment portfolio.Last year, the GP scheme introduced a new steering model for its balance sheet, focusing on a reduced allocation to more risk-bearing assets – including equity and property – if its funding decreased strongly.SPH said it had incurred asset management and transaction costs of 0.44% and 0.09%, respectively, while spending €570 per participant on administration.The doctor scheme has 19,060 participants in total, of whom 11,030 are active GPs and 6,785 are pensioners.At March-end, its coverage ratio stood at 129.8%. Last year, it granted its participants an indexation of 1.4%.
Stuff.co.nz 10 Nov 2011Kids with depressed dads are more likely to have emotional and behavioural problems than those whose fathers don’t have the blues, according to a new study of more than 20,000 families. “We’ve known for a long time that depression in mothers is associated with increased risk in kids – I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. It’s been less clear in fathers,” said Jeremy Pettit, a psychologist from Florida International University in Miami who wasn’t involved in the new research. “We’re in a position now to say, ‘Yes, this confirms what we’ve suspected all along,’” he told Reuters Health. Kids were most likely to have behavioural problems when both parents felt down, researchers reported Monday in the journal Pediatrics. The findings, they say, point to the need for pediatricians and schools to be aware of depression in dads – and not just depressed mums – and the potential consequences in kids.…One of the main takeaways for Weitzman is how infrequently researchers have looked into the impact of depression in dads – and then, only in small reports. By contrast, they have been piling up data on how having a depressed mum is linked to behavioural and emotional problems.http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/wellbeing/5941431/Depressed-dads-linked-to-misbehaviour
Ruby Walsh is hoping Briar Hill can earn himself a third trip to the Cheltenham Festival with a positive showing in the Ladbrokes Ireland Boyne Hurdle at Navan. Press Association The seven-year-old was a 25-1 winner of the Champion Bumper for Willie Mullins two years ago and was one of last season’s leading novice hurdlers before suffering a fractured cheekbone when coming to grief in the Albert Bartlett at Prestbury Park. Briar Hill failed to fire on his return in Leopardstown’s Christmas Hurdle and was also well beaten in last month’s Galmoy Hurdle at Gowran Park, but Walsh reports the recent signs on the gallops to have been encouraging. He said: “Briar Hill was disappointing in the Galmoy. I thought he’d improved at Christmas but he then ran very flat. “The heavy fall he had at Cheltenham clearly left a mark on him and he had a long time off afterwards. “He seems to be working better at home now. John Codd, who rides him at home, is happy with him so hopefully he can show that improvement on the track “If he runs a big race, he’ll put himself in the frame for the World Hurdle.” Briar Hill is one of three runners in Sunday’s Grade Two event for the champion trainer. The master of Closutton also saddles Zaidpour, the mount of Paul Townend, while 2013 National Hunt Chase winner Back In Focus makes his first appearance in getting on for two years in the hands of David Casey. “Back In Focus has been off for almost two years. He has a lot of work done, but will definitely improve for the run,” Walsh said in his Irish Examiner column.
Cardiff book-ended an entertaining first half with tries from Aled Summerhill and Josh Turnbull, while Nepia Fox-Matamua and Danie Poolman – with their third PRO12 scores of the season – and Kieran Marmion all touched down during a superb 16-minute spell for the hosts. Connacht’s 19-17 interval lead was quickly erased by a Dan Fish seven-pointer, but converted tries from Tiernan O’Halloran and replacement Aly Muldowney, coupled with a Jack Carty penalty, had the home side out of reach before Hobbs’ last-gasp response. The Blues burst into a seventh-minute lead in Galway, their defence pushing up hard and winger Summerhill intercepted Tom McCartney’s pass to race away from his 22 for a try that Rhys Patchell converted. Connacht were level just three minutes later when Marmion showed great pace off the mark, sniffing out the try-scoring opportunity off the base of a ruck. His half-back partner Carty, who had missed an earlier penalty, split the posts with the conversion. With fit-again number eight Eoin McKeon prominent, the hosts began to hit their stride and back-to-back tries from man-of-the-match Fox-Matamua and Poolman catapulted them into a 19-7 lead. The former plunged over from a lineout maul and great hands from Bundee Aki and Rory Parata played in Poolman for a fine finish near the corner flag. Carty tagged on one conversion, with the ball falling off the kicking tee for the second one as he drop-kicked wide. Patchell missed a chance to punish a Finlay Bealham scrum offence, but Danny Wilson’s side dominated the closing stages of the half . Number eight Turnbull’s pushover score was converted by Patchell, who also fired over a penalty after Connacht full-back O’Halloran was sin-binned for a professional foul – offside at a ruck. Press Association Cardiff have been a real bogey team for the Irish province, who lost their grip on two winning positions against the Blues last season. Pat Lam’s men finally got the win with a five-try performance on Saturday, however they will be frustrated to have allowed Sam Hobbs over for an injury-time effort which earned the visitors two bonus points. Fourteen-man Connacht were under huge pressure on the restart, needing try-saving interventions from Marmion and Parata, but the pressure told when Blues full-back Fish chased down his own chip and dribbled through to score with Patchell converting. Despite struggling to gain a foothold in Cardiff territory, Connacht managed to hit back in the 57th minute when Carty’s crossfield kick bounced neatly for the unmarked O’Halloran to dot down. The hosts then turned the screw with a brilliant 20-plus phase attack which resulted in Muldowney breaking through to leave the Blues trailing 33-24. Replacement Gareth Davies missed two kickable penalties for the Welshmen while Patchell nursed an ankle injury. All was not lost, though, as despite leaking a three-pointer to Carty, prop Hobbs ensured the battling Blues took home a brace of points. Connacht beat Cardiff Blues for only the second time in 12 meetings as they won a Guinness PRO12 thriller 36-31 at the Sportsground.
According to court records, the tips included an email address which led investigators to Beyer. They found external hard drives, an iPad, and a laptop computer in his home, along with a DropBox account and Cloud storage platform that contained photographs and videos of children engaging in “explicit sexual conduct with other children or adults.”Beyer worked as a teacher and administrator for the Syracuse City School District from 1967 until 2002, when he retired to Broward County.He pleaded guilty on Thursday and is scheduled to be sentenced on May 18 in federal court in Fort Lauderdale. A longtime school administrator and teacher from Syracuse, New York, who retired to Fort Lauderdale, is now facing up to 20 years in federal prison after pleading guilty last week to possessing child pornography, according to prosecutors.Officials says 75-year-old Frank Richard “Rick” Beyer Jr. was arrested on November 20 after FBI agents received several cyber-tips last April that he had been uploading pictures and videos of young boys engaged in sexual activity.The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children passed along a tip from Google that said Beyer had uploaded the content to a Gmail account.Seventy-Five-Year-Old Man Pleads Guilty to Possessing Child Pornography: Frank Richard Beyer of Fort Lauderdale pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography that included images of boys under age 12 engaged in sex acts. https://t.co/EZTVgZ3Vue— FBI Miami (@FBIMiamiFL) March 7, 2020
A local man who is responsible for organizing Trump boat parades is now facing a felony charge after allegedly sending a threatening text message to one of his neighbors.Carlos Gavidia is expected to turn himself in to the Palm Beach County Jail on Tuesday morning.According to the report, Gavidia sent a threatening text message to a resident of Admiral Cove.While it is unclear what the text said, according to his attorney, Stuart Kaplan, Gavidia will likely be charged with written threats to kill or do bodily injury.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: UP Yoddha thrashed a much-changed Dabang Delhi KC 50-33 to enter the play-offs of the Pro Kabaddi League on Saturday.Monu Goyat, with 11 raid points, was the star for the UP side as the Delhi team offered very little resistance.Goyat picked up valuable raid points from the start and the UP side went on to secure their first all-out in the sixth minute to move to a 5-point lead.The story continued to be the same till the half time with Delhi’s Meraj Sheykh, the only bright light in what was otherwise a toothless performance from the league’s pace-setters.The first half ended 22-12 with UP Yoddha clearly in control of the game.The home side picked up their second all-out of the match two minutes after the restart as Goyat picked up his Super 10.